[Qgis-user] Building QGIS Windows Installer from Windows (NSIS on Windows?)

Brian Freed bfreed at stineconsulting.com
Thu May 24 18:20:11 PDT 2012

I've been thinking about this recent quick tip:
http://linfiniti.com/2012/05/quick-tip-build-the-latest-qgis-nightly-build-as-a-standalone-installer-for-windows/

I'm in the process of trying to figure out Linux to try it out, and Nathan
mentioned NSIS can actually build on Windows, which I didn't know.
Can anyone point me to a place I could figure out the missing pieces?

I've got NSIS installed.
I've got Git installed, and the QGIS source downloaded
I've got Perl installed.

>From command prompt, I ran "perl creatensis.pl qgis-dev"

A bunch of stuff I don't understand went by, but at the bottom are things
like:
'svnversion' is not recognized...
...uninitialized value $revision
'unzip' is not recognized...
'makensis' is not recognized...

Has anyone used NSIS to make a Windows installer from Windows?

thanks for the help!