[Qgis-user] New scale selector with predefined scales (v1.8)

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 29 02:47:19 PDT 2012

On 05/29/2012 09:31 AM, Ted wrote:
> hi
>
> can someone point me , where and how do I change the predefined scales
> in v 1.8?
>
> i like to have my own set of scales for easy navigation.

Hi Ted,

for what I know there is the so called 'Tile slider' for tile services.
But the scales defined for that one come from (I think the first) tile
service that you call. You can off course create your own tile-service,
add it as a background, and in that way have YOUR predefined scales. But
that is probably a little over the top :-)

I am not aware 'predefined scales' of other data formats of services,
but please point me to it if I'm wrong..

Otherwise, maybe make it a feature request (after searching if it maybe
already is ;-) )...

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde