[Qgis-user] QGIS Workspace Packager Tool?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Nov 8 03:10:15 PST 2012

 Hi,

 I don't understand the need for a packaging tool.

 If you organize everything with relative paths and everything
 well-organized in a project directory you can just zip this directory,
 move it to a different machine and everything should work fine.

 Where exactly is there a problem with packaging the project?

 Andreas

 On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:30:08 +0100, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> as i experienced some time ago, QConsolidate only handles shape files
> or  attached dbf tables, but didn't work(or even hung) on spatialite
> layers.
> And i think it didn't take rasters as well.
>
> So using QConsolidates "works" on certain projects very well, but is
> definately not a complete solution for cases with raster data and
> other  data providers.
>
> Am 08.11.2012, 08:02 Uhr, schrieb Nathan Woodrow
> <madmanwoo at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hey ben,
>>
>> Checkout the QConsolidate plugin. It will create shape files over
>> all the
>> layers and change the project to point to those new layers.
>>
>> - Nathan

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)