[Qgis-user] qgis and Large Format Print

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Nov 16 01:09:30 PST 2012

giohappy wrote
> What do you mean with clustered temp files?
>
> giovanni

Hi Giovanni,
I was refering to swapping method used by Postgis or FME uses for handling
large computations. Temporary files are segmented in files that size less
than 2Go.. If not, you will encounter same 32 bits OS limitations.
Just have a look at /pgsql_tmp of a postgis cluster when running huge
queries for example. (SQL WITH RECURSIVE uses it lot).

I do will fund fixing for 32 bits quickly, in the limits of my capacities of
course. Issue is not easy to reproduce since it is related to memory, and
every memory consuming action can make memory override system capacities.
(labeling, antialiasing, hih resolution rasters... ).  It critical we solve
that issue since A0 printing at 600dpi with raster is one of the main uses
for city management (main users og GIS tools in France). If QGIS is rock
stable on printing, many new administrations could switch (which mean new
contribs too)

RĂ©gis