[Qgis-user] Kubuntu of Ubuntu?

neil2 at ansergis.net neil2 at ansergis.net
Thu Oct 4 02:24:04 PDT 2012

 Hi,

 I am in the process of selecting a set up for QGIS. I have Windows and
 Apple OS but I think I will plump for Linux because it will give me the
 widest distribution options. But I have afew questions :

 a) I am assuming that if I write a python module for QGIS in Linux,
 I'll need to adapt it for other OS? Obviously I would need to adapt any
 other components the module uses, such as databases, but code for QGIS
 itself?

 b) I have been recommended to use Kubuntu by an experienced software
 developer, but most of the user posts here and elsewhere  refer to
 Ubuntu.. does the choice have any impact on the opperation of QGIS or,
 equally importantly, the ease of getting advice on Q-GIS-xbuntu issues?

 Thanks

 Neil