[Qgis-user] How the heck do I add a new EPSG code to QGIS?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Oct 10 11:39:36 PDT 2012

On 10/10/2012 09:34 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:

> All,
>
> I used to be able to just add it to the PROJ file, where is that now?
>
> The Custom CRS creater thingy doesn't let you assign a EPSG code, our WMS uses EPSG: 200068 (we've been using this for years, and is based on a County Listing at the State of Minnesota.)  So how do I add this to QGIS as a new EPSG code.  All the solution I'm finding say to use the Custom CRS thing.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bobb

If the Custom CRS tool is insufficient, the storage of the SRS is in an
sqlite database srs.db I believe (has been that way for years now).

If that's a somewhat official code in use in the wild that doesn't
conflict with other codes, you can put in a ticket to the proj project
to make sure it gets into their database which I think is what QGIS
syncs with on occasion.

Enjoy,
Alex