[Qgis-user] Third-party-baselayer / OpenLayers-Plugin

Dieter Becker webmapping.dieter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:27:02 PDT 2012

Dear QGIS-users,

first of all sorry for posting a bunch of emails at the same day...but I
wanted to split the topics into seperate emails so that is easier to answer
to one of this questions.

So here is my last question for today (hopefully):

I read that in the QGIS-wish-list there is a pending question about the
possibility of integrating third-party baselayers so that QGIS-Desktop
users can use the OpenLayers-plugin and the webclient will also show the
baselayers that are used in the QGIS-project.

But isn't this function already written?
The qgis-cloud-plugin for QGIS produces a mapconfig.js which has the
information about which baselayer should be used for the webclient.
and examples like http://qgiscloud.com/anitagraser/corine_austria show the
use of these background-layers.

Wouldn't it be possible to use this technique just wo produce a simple
js-config file for users who don't want to use the (very nice)
hosting-service of giscloud? Or is this plugin not OpenSource?

best wishes,

Dieter