[Qgis-user] work with ECW file and custom CRS

Daniele Bonaposta daniele.bonaposta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 02:43:52 PDT 2012

Hi to everyone!
first of all: I'm Daniele, a new qgis user and I'm glad to belong to this
list!

I need to display some satellite images in ecw format, I've read that is
possible from qgis 1.8 but It looks like isn't true, besides qgis 1.7.4
on-line docs don't speaks about it... How I can display these images?

The second question: Emilia-Romagna Region (Italy) adopt a reference system
 ED50-UTM Zone 32N but with false north equal to -4.000.000,000000 meters
(the reason is save up server memory, but it does seem like a Ciad region
rather than a Italy region!). It is hard to understand how make a custom
coordinate reference system with dialog window, cause It needs a good
knowledge of Proj.4 projection library... Is there a easy way to do a
custom CRS?

Thanks
Daniele

--