[Qgis-user] Error installing Qgis-dev using OSGEO4w

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:30:54 PDT 2012

I had already both QGIS Master (1.9.0) and Qgis Stable (1.8.0) working on
my windows desktop.

I believe the problem started when the gdal Library was updated from
1.9.1-2 to 1.9.2-1. From that moment on, Qgis started to crash while
opening Mr.Sid Files.

For that reason I had to downgrade gdal back to 1.9.1-2. QGIS 1.8.0 works
well, but 1.9.0 become impossible to install\upgrade.

I already tried to fully reinstall the all OSGEO, with no sucess.

Alexandre Neto