[Qgis-user] Loosing connection to SVG Markers

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Mon Oct 29 08:08:41 PDT 2012

Are there any restriction on (length/levels of) paths to svg markers in new
symbology?

I am using this SVG marker in a Qgis project:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\qgis\svg\osm_icon\gpsicons\cam_ang_bl.svg

It starts to work with no problem but it is not saved in the project or in
qml files.

When I reopen the project I have no icon on this layer.

The qml file hold this path: /osm_icon/gpsicons/cam_ang_bl.svg. I assume
that the first part  (C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\qgis\svg\) should be delivered by Qgis?

But even if I manually ask to load the qml-file nothing happens...

Chosing another svg marker like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\qgis\svg\transport\transport_aerodrome.svg
works without problems?

Moving cam_ang_bl.svg to the above folder makes this svg work too...

Does the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\qgis\svg\osm_icon\gpsicons\" perhaps contain to many subfolders?

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit