[Qgis-user] NViz not starting

UserError jonathan at jwebbgis.co.uk
Fri Sep 21 05:44:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

Re ensuring OSGEO4W installs tcl/tk libs, I don't recall seeing an option
for that, & a filesearch shows a shedload of tcl files inclding folders:
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.2\etc\gtcltk
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl\tcl8 \lib\tcl8.5
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\tcl8
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\python27\tcl\tcl8.5
C:\OSGeo4W\lib\tcl8.5  19/09/2012

which looks like it is installed?

If I do need to reinstall OSGEO4W, how do I ensure that TCL is installed?

I started to try GRASS but have yet to get my head round mapsets, PERMANENT
etc  & load my data in.  It did seem as if the NViz module mght be working
as a form opens up when I click through the menu File>NVIZ although the
project had no data in so couldn't test it. Unfortnately, I'm trying to get
a landscape model built ASAP so have reverted to GVsig & will have to
revisit QGis when that is done.

Cheers