[Qgis-user] Shape file is at the wrong scale

Tyler Frazier tyler at santafe.edu
Mon Aug 5 11:38:13 PDT 2013

Hi Group, I have a shape file which is projected in EPSG:25000 - Leigon / Ghana Metre Grid but it appears to be way too small.  What should be several kilometers measures as only a few centimeters.  I am guessing that who ever created the map, did so erroneously, perhaps with a CAD program, and then later the projection was added (which should be basically correct).  Does the group have any suggestions on how to get the shape file to the correct scale and then correctly projected.  I am also wondering about this EPSG:25000, perhaps the scale is 1:25000 of what it should be? Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks, Ty