[Qgis-user] WMS of orthophotos delivers strange colours in master

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Wed Aug 7 05:07:07 PDT 2013

Thanx Salvatore,

was too blind too see myself:
I didn't change anything, just added the url and picked the layer.
But now i see that in 1.8 PNG was default, while in master, it was default
to gif!
I'm pretty sure i never used gif as format for anything, so how come that
gif there is default?

Just tested again: when i add the WMS-Service to master, gif is picked as
default there automatically

Had a look now at the metadata: image/gif is there mentioned on first
place of the list of available encodings.
Maybe master has now a different behaviour on handling these infos than
1.8?

gif seems to be a pretty bad choice in any case ... but is that a matter
of the data provider (changing order in metadata) or of qgis (defaulting
everything to png when possible)?

Bernd