[Qgis-user] Spatial Join

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Aug 8 05:12:52 PDT 2013

Here's how I would do it: You have Two polygon layers and you need to
count the number of polygons in layer 1 that are contained in the
polygons in layer 2

1. Convert the polygons in 1 to points: Vector -> geometry -> polygon
centroids
2. then use -> vector -> analysis tools -> points in polygon. Count the
number of points contained by polygons in layer 2.

Hope that helps or at least creates an idea.
Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com