[Qgis-user] I could not run Qgis

Yasser Said Lopez de Olmos Reyes biolyasser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:13:47 PDT 2013

Hi

The nircmd.exe error is a known one, but it's not related directly with
QGIS but sometimes with malware, registry errors or corrupted files. I
would start trying to repair errors in registry using maybe CCleaner from
Piriform or some similar software (a Registry fixer). If that won't solve
the problem, run anti-malware software.

Using other kind of installation may be a workaround, OSGEO4W for instance.

2013/8/12 José Pedro Santos <zpsantos1 at hotmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Are you using the standalone installer or the OSGeo4w Installer? If is the
> second one, delete the folders related with qgis, sextante... and then try
> again.
>
> Good Luck,
> José Santos

> From: ted at icddrb.org
> To: madmanwoo at gmail.com; goyodiaz at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:41:03 +0000
> CC: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] I could not run Qgis
>
>  I have down loaded but could not run QGIS. Please help.

Saludos,

Yasser