[Qgis-user] Additional vector tools for Sextante

Bjorn Nyberg bjorn.burr.nyberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 21:47:46 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have recently switched from ArcGIS to QGIS and I thought that in the spirit of open source I'd translate and share some of my scripts that I use in my research. They are fairly basic calculating sinuosity,angles,centerlines,widths and transposing fields so I don't know if they are of interest to anyone but I thought I'd share it here. Now I am not a programmer and I'm sure there are mistakes/more efficient methods as no one has tested them before but if you have any contributions/advice on similar toolsets that I may not be aware of for geometric analysis i would love to hear about them. Unfortunately I simply do not have a lot of time to alter those scripts as I am getting closer to the end of my PhD and its not the main focus of my research.

I created a separate repository as again, I don't know if its of interest to anyone, but you can find it on Github for QGIS 2.0 at
https://github.com/BJEBN/Geometric-Analysis

If you need any examples or have any questions please feel free to ask!
Cheers,
Bjorn

ps - Thanks to Nathan and Matthias for some of the API help