[Qgis-user] North aspect & Raster Calculator

Jo Rossi nautilus3 at hotmail.fr
Thu Aug 22 01:57:43 PDT 2013

I have QGis1.8.0-Lisboa and the Raster Terrain Analysis Plugin on Mac/OS. When I want to build a raster layer of an aspect group with the Raster Calculator (e.g.: "aspect at 1>=45 AND aspect at 1<135" to do the East raster) that works. I have the good raster with a band 1 representing truly the East. Same concluding result with the 2 other exposures using AND (S & W). But for the North I do "aspect at 1>=315 OR aspect at 1<45" the resulting file doesn't have any band! nothing under band1 in Metadata (all is black for this layer on the screen). In alternative, I want to merge a raster with "aspect at 1>=135" and a raster with "aspect at 1<45" (Raster/ Miscellaneous/Merge) (GDAL tool) but it give me a layer with a band of only one of the 2 values groups ("aspect at 1>=135" or "aspect at 1<45")! Sorry for my levels of english and GIS.