[Qgis-user] How to open DEM file?

Yoshiaki Tsuzuki y.tsuzuki at uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 28 17:37:18 PDT 2013

Thanks Stefano and others for your reply.

(1) Layer -> Add raster layer -> Select [Arc/Info binary grid (hdr,adf,HDR,ADF)]
Then, only hdr.adf (1 kb) is visible to be opened. Other adf files are not visible.

(2) Layer -> Add raster layer -> Select [All files (*) (*.*)]
Then, all adf files are visible.

In the two methods above, hdr.adf can actually only be selected and opened. Other adf files cannot opened in QGIS layer even when I selected one with the second method.

Thank you for your help.
For opening other files and analysis, I may have further question, for which I will ask you again.

Kind regards
Yoshi

Yoshiaki Tsuzuki, Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology (EAIT), The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
(Office) +61 (0)7 3365 3912: The number has been changed because of the moving of office; (Mobile) +61 (0)410 230 355
E-mail: y.tsuzuki at uq.edu.au; tsuzuki.yoshiaki at gmail.com