[Qgis-user] set layers CRS

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Aug 30 07:38:50 PDT 2013

Am 30.08.2013 10:52, schrieb skampus:
> you're right, andrè !!!
> I have found this useful GUI for ogr2ogr [1], but the result is that ogr2ogr
> creates an empty prj, as you can see in the image
>
> this is the command line:
>
> ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -overwrite "Z:/target" "Z:/source" -T_SRS
> EPSG:32632
>
> is there anything wrong?

Yes ;-)

Your source is missing the .prj, so you should set s_srs (source CRS).

Stating the target CRS will be now help, because ogr2ogr does not know
from what source CRS it should tramsform into EPSG:32632.

And I would not use capital letters in command line unless it is
recommended, and place all options before target and source.

HTH,
André Joost