[Qgis-user] Reprojection issue QGis 1.8

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Aug 31 18:54:09 PDT 2013

It has since 1.7
http://linfiniti.com/2011/03/on-the-fly-raster-reprojection-comes-to-qgis/

However stuff next to the edge of Lat/Lon coordinate systems is
perpetually an issue in a lot of GIS software. Sometimes I cut off my
stuff to only go to -179, sometimes I slice my stuff at the boundary
into separate images. There are all sorts of possible workarounds.
Generally I find actual reprojection is better than on-the-fly.

I'm wondering if the data in question here has an incorrect projection
definition or just needs a little shaved off the edge to behave right.

Are you running in Debug mode by any chance? (Outputs more information
on crashes) Willing to try it on the soon to be released version?

Thanks,
Alex