[Qgis-user] Qgis Profile tool : 3 little questions.

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 15:01:32 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM, image <lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  I tested with qgis 2.0 the Qgis profile l tool in order to generate
> profiles from several DEMs raster.
>

> 1/ In order to optimize the vizualization i would like edit the lines 's
> style on the profile. For instance i would like replace the default line
> (__________) by this one (-------------) or points (..............). Is it
> possible to do that?

it is possible, but you would need to edit the plotting tool used (
qwt/matplotlib). It should not be much work, as long as you know how to
work with the toolkit used.

the plotting code is in tools/plottingtool.py

Sorry, but I nor the other devs have time to implement fancy styling
options. If you have a patch for this I can update the plugin though.

> 2/I would like zoom into the interface to visualise more details. Is it
> possible to do that?

yes you can do that. If using qwt,  just left click and drag the mouse on
the plot and right-click to reset the view. If using matplotlib there are
controls for panning and zooming.

> 3/ In addition to represent the DEM profiles, i would like reproject on the
> interface the footprints of another LIDAR points cloud. Is it possible to
> do
> that?

The plugin only handles raster data (e.g. gtiffs).

Not sure how qgis handles point cloud data in the first place...

If you can convert the point cloud data to raster than it will work.

cheers
Etienne