[Qgis-user] Fwd: adding a CSV delimited text layer

Marc Dupuis-Desormeaux marcd2 at me.com
Thu Dec 12 05:53:33 PST 2013

HI!  first time question.  I am pretty comfortable with QGIS 1.8 but have just converted from 1.8 to 2.0.1 and apparently have lost my mind as I can't even upload a simple .csv file anymore.  I am using OSX (Maverick).  I have created my .csv file using excel in the usual way, by saving it from an .xlsx to a .csv as I've done many times in QGIS 1.8.

The file is simple, the first row has the headings (DATE,SPECIES,AGE,SEX,GPSX,GPSY,COD) the rest is data but when I'm uploading the file QGIS is not reading each line but is treating all data as one long line of headings and therefore is not finding any data.

Help!

Marc