[Qgis-user] How to install .dbf files in Qgis 2.0

Mike Michalkiewicz utlax18 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 14 12:41:38 PST 2013

Hello everyone-

Newer to GIS, and used ESRI ArcView in my classes..but just downloaded Qgis
2.0 to keep my skills going after I got my GIS certificate.  However, I was
wondering how do you load a .dbf file into Qgis?  I have some files from the
city I want to play with in Qgis to get comfortable with, but cannot get
them to load.  I see no extension for .dbf files in Qgis.

Thanks!

Mike

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

- Winston Churchill