[Qgis-user] QGIS Oracle support

Andreas Bergmann bergmann.hh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 07:17:09 PST 2013

Hi,

I try to use the Oracle Plugin of QGIS (2.0.1).
I created a table mit a geometry and added geom_metadata and a spatial
Then I created a view for the same table and added proper meta data in
user_sdo_geom_metadata
too.
In the resource browser I open the Oracle db, navigate to the view and add
the layer , I get the message that the view cannot be used since it is
invalid.

*The layer dbname='oradb' host=localhost port=1521 user='gisdb'
password='xxx' key='THE_GEOM' srid=4326 type=MULTIPOLYGON
table="GISDB"."VIEW1" (THE_GEOM) sql= is not a valid layer and can not be
added to the map*

Is there a chance to use Oracle Views with Geometry in QGIS?

-Andreas