[Qgis-user] Qgis tif to kmz?

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Mon Feb 4 02:51:38 PST 2013

GE does support image overlays. You can add a georreferenced image to Google earth and then save it as kmz, but you have to georeference the image again in ge. Or you can create a kml by hand, looking up the docs for kml.

Look here for instructions:
http://geochalkboard.wordpress.com/2007/08/02/using-the-image-overlay-tool-in-google-earth/

So, qgis does not do this work for you but it wouldn't be hard to do. It is just a matter of writing an xml file with the correct tags...

Regards,
Duarte