[Qgis-user] Opening gdb files

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Feb 5 23:49:16 PST 2013

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 06. Feb 2013 at 00:01:40 +0100, Paul Lens wrote:
> This means that the ESRI API is absolutely necessary.
> Moreover, if I don't misunderstand it, it needs to be built, using
> Visual Studio.

Well, you just need to obtain the right FileGDBAPI.dll from ESRI.

> Seems at first sight very complicated.

Yes, if the SDK license would clearly state, that it's ok to redistribute that
DLL, things would be easier (see the discussion in the tickets on the page).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden