[Qgis-user] Minor Sextante modifications (grass and sqlite3.dll)

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Mon Feb 18 14:11:12 PST 2013

Hi

To make the Grass module r.sunmask function in Sextante I have had to do
some minor modifications:

1) r.sunmask is coded to take either (sun angle and azimut) or (year, date
and time) as input. Sextante tries to feed it with the whole stuff leading
to errors.

>From my point of view the year, date and time option is easiest to use so I
have changed the file
"C:\Users\USERNAME\.qgis\python\plugins\sextante\grass\description\r.sunmask.txt"
by deleting the following lines:

ParameterNumber|altitude|altitude|0|90|0.0
ParameterNumber|azimuth|azimuth|0|360|0.0

The Qgis Grass plugin has solved this issue by simply having two version
called r.sunmask.position and r.sunmask.date.time. That might be a solution
for Sextante too?

I tried to add an extra file
"C:\Users\USERNAME\.qgis\python\plugins\sextante\grass\description\r.sunmask.date.time.txt"
file but it appears you have to do something more than that to make Sextante
recognise it?

2) But at first this solution just revealed another problem leading to this
error: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback not found in the dll sqlite3.dll".
Some googling showed it had to do with referring to an old version of
Sqlite3.dll so I replaced "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll" with "C:\OSGeo4W\bin\sqlite3.dll"
since the last mentioned was never. That solved the problem.

As an additional info to the software developers I can finally add, that
I've got the file sqlite3.dll i 14 different folders on my PC with 11
different creation dates - I wonder which version is used when ;-)

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit