[Qgis-user] [QGIS 1.8.0] Bug split feature

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:32:40 PST 2013

2013/2/22 Julien Drouin-Bouffard <julien.drouin.b at gmail.com>:
> And if I don't want to use Master ? It seems to be some risks for beginners
> like me at least

My only intent was to provide feedback about the status and
reproducibility of the issue, not a fix or a workaround.

Anyway, in my experience the master version works almost all the time
better than the stable one. The risks you take depend on how
integrated is QGIS in your workflow. If you depend on something which
gets broken with an update you'll be in trouble. There are some things
which can help to keep the risk under control:

- Backups.
- Install master version alongside the stable one (easy in windows
with osgeo4w).
- Do not update daily. Specifically do not update when deadlines are
putting pressure on you.

Following these guidelines and some common sense I've been happily
using QGIS master in real work for years. Not that I'm recommending it
to everyone, just pointing out that it can be done under certain
circumstances.

Goyo