[Qgis-user] LIDAR and QGIS

Johan Nilsson joni8135 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:40:14 PST 2013

I think you need to install libLAS-bin (http://www.liblas.org/) to save it
as Geotiff or asci (xyz) values. Then I don't think QGIS can disply it in
3D? You maybe can do it i GRASS and  nviz, i think. The freeware Fugroview
are much quicker, I think. Fugroview works fine under wine.

Ubuntu have libLAS-bin in the repository as a cli-program.

If there are other ways, I really want to hear about them.

/Cheers