[Qgis-user] Numerical sorting in categorized style

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Feb 27 08:05:06 PST 2013

Am 27.02.2013 15:59, schrieb Jakub Weiner:
> Good afternoon,
> Is there anybody able to help me with setting QGIS to sort data for categorized coloring numerically?
> As you can see on the image enclosed, it's obviously sorting these numbers as a text. The attribute table does the same.
> I will be very pleased, if somebody will give me an advice on this topic.

What data type have you set for the values? It should be integer or
real, not text.
Right-click on the layer, Properties, field tag.
If you have imported the data from a csv, you have to build a csvt file, see
<http://underdark.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/how-to-specify-data-types-of-csv-columns-for-use-in-qgis/>

HTH,
André Joost