[Qgis-user] join table

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Tue Jan 1 06:44:30 PST 2013

Dear QGIS Users,

I'm writing a python plugin where I would like to handle the values in a
dbf table which is joined to a shape file. I could join the table to
the shape file using VectorLayer.addJoin, but I can't find any way to get
the joined attributes of a feature. After joining the
dataProvider.attributeIndexes returns only the original columns of the
shape file. The fieldNameIndex returns -1 for all joined column names.
Any advice to get the values in joined columns in Python?

Thanks,
Zoltan