[Qgis-user] Raster Analysis Sieve/ Proximity functions error

NickS nicksimmo at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 03:55:35 PST 2013

(apologies if this has been submitted twice - I wasn't sure if the previous
post succeeded)

I'm encountering an error when I run either the Sieve or Proximity functions
in Raster/Analysis. Other raster functions are working.

For the sieve function, I get this error message:

/Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\PROGRA~2\Quantum GIS Lisboa\bin\gdal_sieve.py", line 34, in
import gdal
File "C:\PROGRA~2\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\gdal.py", line 2, in
from osgeo.gdal import deprecation_warn
File "C:\PROGRA~2\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py", line 21, in
_gdal = swig_import_helper()
File "C:\PROGRA~2\Quantum GIS
Lisboa\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\osgeo\__init__.py", line 17, in
swig_import_helper
_mod = imp.load_module('_gdal', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found./

The Proximity error is almost identical except for calling
gdal_proximity.py.
All the files mentioned are present in the folders specified.

Am i missing something?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Nick