[Qgis-user] project makes qgis crash upon startup

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:40:57 PST 2013

Andre,

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Andre Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> The .qgis file is a simple xml text file, which you can edit with everey
> text editor. I use notepad++ on Windows for such things.
But that structure is too complicated as soon as the project is minimally large.
I refer to an editor that would be able to interpret the structure so
that we could
have a tree that could be expanded and collapsed, delete layers etc.A bit
as if you had the legend (or TOC), but not actually reading or
displaying the layers.
Maybe there is an option that would make qgis to act that way.

> If you use relative paths, make sure not to move your datasources or qgis
> files within the file system. Interchanging between Linux and Mac may most
> probably not work though.
Never have had such problems with relative paths and have used linux,
mac and Win
qgis versions very often with the data on an external hard disk. Even
if my disk is /media/Iomega in linux and  /Volume/Iomega. in Mac
The realtive path has always worked very well for me.

Thanks!
Agus