[Qgis-user] Use excel spreadsheets for join to vector data

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:50:18 PST 2013

@Micha
Thankyou for your suggestion
Ok I can load xls files to sqlite and then make any sql join on that, but
it's not user friendly and I have to make two steps, one is the creation of
xls and the other the import into a sqlite db..
If you don't want to mess with closed format it would be nice to deal with
.ods format.
You may say I'm lazy, ok, that's right, I am indeed ;-)
But I think that for any beginner this solution will be super appreciated.

@Paolo
Hi
xytools plugin ask for x and y column when loading a spreadsheet file.
If the spreadsheet doesn't have these fields It won't be loaded, isn't it?

Thankyou all!
Pietro