[Qgis-user] Square symbol with no fill

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 18 13:01:36 PST 2013

I know - it is an annoyance that should/will be fixed in version 2.0

Meanwhile you could do either of the two workarounds:

* use the Ellipse renderer as a workaround and select the rectangle
* use your own SVG symbol (which you can write either by hand (very
simple) or in Inkscape or Illustrator.

The ellipse renderer is probably easier, since you want to scale it
based on a database value.

Andreas