[Qgis-user] georeferencer issue

Jake Maier j.m at jmforestry.com
Mon Jan 21 11:58:30 PST 2013

I looked at the tutorial for using the georeferencer and it looked quite
simple and straight forward. But applying it I get strange results.

Depending on the transformation type I get either a black rectangle or the
image I want to reference, but at a wrong location. Each of the
transformation types puts the image at its specific location

I did use the feature to select the coordinates from the map canvas and in
the table the coordinates are displayed correctly in the dstX and the dstY
column. Still I can't get the image to display at the correct place on the
map canvas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any hint

Jake