[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Synergy of QGIS Enterprise and QGIS 2.0/Master branch

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 3 14:15:03 PDT 2013

Hi

Pirmin what happens if / when QGIS project itself wants to release QGIS
Enterprise version - or another company? Maybe it would be better to call
it 'Sourcepole GIS' or something to make it clear that it is not an
official QGIS product but an official Sourcepole product? I think there is
going to be a lot of confusion otherwise with people thinking that it is
part of the QGIS project but they can't have it....

Also (out of curiosity) what is to stop one of your clients cloning the
private source tree that you provide and then making that publicly
available - or just pushing it back in to the mainstream QGIS tree? i.e. do
you realise any real long term benefit from keeping the tree private in the
first place?

Best regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net