[Qgis-user] QGIS installation problem with Mac OSX 10.8.4 and some Qt4 Modules

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 7 09:48:52 PDT 2013

No unusual PATH stuff.

PYTHONPATH may cause problems running any GDAL programs that are python scripts.  Though it gets added before .pth stuff, so it's probably OK.

PROJSO is meaningless for my GDAL framework - it's only used when dynamically loading the PROJ library, my framework has it statically linked (completely different from shared vs. static library).

So, nothing that looks like it would change cmake behavior...

Are you compiling cmake from scratch, or from homebrew?

... hmm, an obvious check: when you try something new with the configuration with cmake, delete the contents of your build folder first.  cmake doesn't have a distclean, so old configured settings (ie found libs) will be cached.

On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:27 AM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:

> There is a PROJSO variable set in .bash_profile (see below).
>
> # PATH geändert am 11.Feb. 2013 aufgrund der Empfehlung von brew doctor
> export PATH=/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:$PATH
> export PROJSO=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/PROJ
> export MAGICK_HOME="/usr/local"
> # PATH geändert am 4. Juli 2013 um wieder das System Python zu aktivieren, das QGIS braucht.
> # For non-homebrew python (2.x), you need to amend your PYTHONPATH like so:
> export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH
> export PATH=/usr/local/pgsql-9.2/bin:$PATH
>
> The results of env looks like this:
>
> Marcels-iMac:~ Marcello$ env
> PATH=/usr/local/pgsql-9.2/bin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/texbin
> PROJSO=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/PROJ
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:
>
> Am 07.07.2013 um 18:13 schrieb William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>:
>
>> This is very puzzling.  I don't have anything in /usr/local that would confuse my configure, so I temporarily installed GSL in /usr/local (simple to uninstall), it still found my GSL framework.
>>
>> But, looking closer at your configure results, I see that some things are automatically found in /usr/local/cellar, which is not a standard search path.  So there is something telling cmake additional search paths and overriding default cmake behavior.  Maybe an environment setting?  Did you add any exports to your ~/.bash_profile?  If not, maybe homebrew did automatically?
>>
>> env will show all current environment settings, see if there is something related to cmake, maybe in the PATH, or DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH or DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH, or some other system search path variable.
>>
>> On Jul 7, 2013, at 10:48 AM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:
>>
>>> I used cmake version 2.8.11.1 until yesterday, now i installed the version 2.8.11.2 but still the same error for SPATIALITE_LIBRARY appear. GDAL frameworks are now found without explicitly set a cmake variable.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy