[Qgis-user] Qgis/Postgis : impossible to open a project

Tudor Barascu tudorbarascu at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 22:55:07 PDT 2013

Hi,
If your machine on the network has two IP's.
One is the localhost IP (127.0.0.1) which is only accessible locally.
The other is the IP that you have on the LAN.
As when you added the vector layers you referred to the localhost,
 and not the IP from the LAN, it is logical that when you try to start the
qgis project on other machines, QGIS tries to connect to the local machine
(the machine on which the qgis project resides).
You can make the qgis project again and reference the LAN IP instead the localhost
or you can just open the .qgs project in a text editor and replace "localhost" with the
IP of the machine where Postgis resides, e.g. (192.168.100.20).
Best of luck,
Tudor