[Qgis-user] Continuous raster legend in composer

Allar Haav allar.haav at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 03:38:33 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm in a process of completely migrating my GIS workflow from ArcGIS to
QGIS/GRASS/R combo. However there is just one thing left withholding the
complete transition: layouts. The composer in QGIS 1.9 is really great
and I guess it satisfies my needs in almost every way. Yet one big issue
remains: continuous raster legend. I haven't found a way to do that in
1.8/1.9 and a workaround with 255 discrete classes failed. I did a quick
googling on the subject and some people have suggested making a
screenshot of the gradient elsewhere and insert it as an image into
composer. From workflow perspective, this is an awful solution as any
minor adjustment would need redoing this process.
Are there any better ways to get continuous raster legends in composer
that I might have missed?

Regards,
Allar