[Qgis-user] Error message : "Scipy in my qgis python path"

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Jul 18 02:06:42 PDT 2013

Am 18.07.2013, 10:21 Uhr, schrieb image <lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com>:

> Hello,
>
> When i open qgis 1.8 on my windows station, i have a error message sayin
> :
> "Please install scipy (http://scipy.org) in your Qgis python path".
>
> I re-installed the software but i have always this message.
>
> Moreover, when i try to install such extensions (like stats for
> instance),
> this message appears again and the qgis project crashs...
>
> Could you explain to me how to install scypy in my qgis python path
> please?

Hi,
when using the advanced installation option with osgeo4w-setup.exe, it is
no problem to add this.
When you reach the package selection, unfold the "Libs" branch an search
for "python-scipy: Scientific Library for Python" and change the state
 from "Skip" to "Install" and then proceed.

As i only use the advanced installation method, i have no experience about
what to do when using the standalone or normal desktop install method.

Hope this helps

Bernd

> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards.
>

> --

Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374