[Qgis-user] Geostats tool (bathymetry)

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Thu Jul 18 12:36:16 PDT 2013

I suggest yo look at using GMT to work with these data.

http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu

turn both datasets into DEM's & compare them (subtract one from the other to return an anomaly grid). You can do some of this sort of work with GDAL/QGIS, but GMT is optimised for bathymetric data - one of the few GIS tools that is used more in aquatic (& geological) domains than typical terrestrial GIS.