[Qgis-user] Large format print using wms layers

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed Jul 24 02:53:17 PDT 2013

Hi Andrea

There is a network timeout setting in Options->Network. Does is solve
your problem if you insert a higher value here?

 >So my question is if actually the composer will retry on failure or
instead is it go forward withou retry to load the missed tile.

The composer does not retry. The rendering process itself is,
intentionally, decoupled from the composer. Maybe QgsRasterDrawer or
similar could implement some retry logic.

Regards,
Marco

On 24.07.2013 11:44, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm try to exporting some pdf with a large format (A0) and using some
> wms ad source dataset.
>
> I know the composer will apply a tile strategy.
> And it work very well.
> But sometimes in the pdf will appear a white rectangle as if the qgis
> composer was unable to retrieve that section.
> I verify it really exists and responde correctly.
> So I guess it was a temporary net failure or a temporary wms failure
> (saturation for too much requests and so on...).
>
> But I guess if the compser will retry to ask another time the missed
> tile it will have success.
>
> So my question is if actually the composer will retry on failure or
> instead is it go forward withou retry to load the missed tile.
>
> Thx,
>
> --

Dr. Marco Hugentobler