[Qgis-user] Euclidean Distance grid creation problem

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 3 22:21:35 PDT 2013

On 06/03/2013 10:02 PM, Falk Huettmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> greetings;
> we are still stuck with creating a Euclidean Distance grid in QGIS
> based on point data (shapefile, projected in lat lon and with an ID of 1).
>
> I am aware of the steps shown online, but these create us just a grey
> canvas.
> (we tried different pixel and extent settings too)
>
> We are grateful for  any input (if not resolved, we will probably move to R
> then and other options).
>
> Thanks indeed for any input; more later
>       Falk Huettmann

Grey pixels do not mean no data. Did you check the values of random
pixels with the Info tool?

Normally in the raster properties you have ask QGIS to calculate the
range of values, and stretch min/max in order to actually see what you
expect, or put in a custom color ramp.

Also what tutorial did you follow and which tool did you use to
calculate the distance grid.

Thanks,
Alex