[Qgis-user] New QGIS users. Attention plugin authors and nightly dev users.

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 21:12:30 PDT 2013

Hey all,

I would like to make everyone aware of a recent change that I made in the
nightly build that will break all the current plugins running in 1.9/2.0.
These changes were needed in order to give pyqgis a nicer API and needed to
happen now.  All plugins will need to be updated to the new API in order to
work in 2.0 and as such third party plugins might be broken for a while
until they are updated.

Note: 1.8 plugins will not work in 2.0 without being updated, and 2.0
plugins will not work in 1.8.

If you are a plugin author you can see a conversion guide here:
https://gist.github.com/NathanW2/5734767 It's a pretty simple update and I
suspect most plugin authors will not have any issues.   The plugin
installer will not install a 1.8 plugin into 2.0 or a 2.0 plugin into 1.8.

Dev nightly users please bare with us while we sort this out and if you are
using the nightly for production work I would suggest not updating unless
you can handle broken plugins.

Regards,
Nathan