[Qgis-user] SpatiaLite views

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jun 10 05:01:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

I wanted to create a view with spatial data in SpatiaLite. I can create
the view by hand in DB-Manager and I created entries in the
"views_geometry_columns" table.

But when I add the view it is always added as a non-geometry table
containing only attributes but no geometry.

Am I missing additional entries in some metadata table?

I tried to follow the instructions here:
http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/spatialite-cookbook/html/sp-view.html -
but it does not work as described here.

I can add the table from the view but all I get is no geometry and
"Error" content in every cell.

I am using the current QGIS master.

Thank you if you have any idea how to correctly manage views in SpatiaLite.

Andreas