[Qgis-user] GPS position

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Jun 10 08:34:58 PDT 2013

Am 10.06.2013 14:36, schrieb
j.allain at agglo-paysflers.fr:
>   Hello,
>
> I've got a bluetooth gps receiver which is associated with a win7 tablet. I'd like to see my position in real time but i can't get gps data under qgis. I used GPS tools but i don't know how to configure it.
>
> has anybody succeed in this task ?

Not with bluetooth, but the usb connection Garmin supplies.

I use Franson GPSGate to map the usb input to virtual com2. Next you
have to activate the GPS tracking (which is not found in the GPS tools
plugin) with View -> Panels -> [x] GPS Information

In the Toolbox, click on Connect for automatic connection, or select
manually the Com-port you assigned at Fransons Gate.

If you have a suitable map and good reception, a marker should appear at
the right place.

HTH,
André Joost