[Qgis-user] Duplicate Points from Extract Nodes

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Wed Jun 12 03:04:33 PDT 2013

You might be right - it is just the OGC Simple Features Specification.

But for practical use (except perhaps some error testing) I can't see any
use of the duplicate point.

Unless you have made the polygons yourself you will not  know which point is
the start (and end) point and I see no practical use of this knowledge?

In my use I extracted nodes from building polygons from a whole municipality
and ended up with about 195000 points. I managed to make the MMQgis plugin
"Delete duplicate Geometries" delete the about 60000 duplicated points but
it took the most of a day to do this!

-----
Regards Morten

Qgis 1.8.0 Stand alone installer in Win7 64 bit