[Qgis-user] change CRS of WFS layer

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jun 12 22:59:34 PDT 2013

On 13-06-13 05:12, Paul Haakma wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Does anyone know of a way to change the crs of a wfs layer? The 'Add WFS
> Layer' dialog box has a 'Change' button but it does not allow you to
> alter the CRS at all.
>
> The data set I am trying to access is from LINZ
> http://data.linz.govt.nz/ and according to their notes it is possible to
> alter the CRS within the request - as per quote copied from their help
> notes:
>
> "The easiest way to re-project your data on the fly is to add the
> ‘SRSName’ parameter and an EPSG coordinate system id
> <http://www.epsg-registry.org/> to your request:
>
> SRSName=<SRSName>
>
> For example, a request of a NZ Government GNSS CORS layer in NZTM2000
> <http://www.linz.govt.nz/geodetic/datums-projections-heights/projections/new-zealand-transverse-mercator-2000> (EPSG:2193)
> would look like the following:
>
> http://wfs.data.linz.govt.nz/<your-API-key>/v/x1029/wfs?service=WFS&request=GetCapabilities&*SRSName=EPSG:2193"*
>

> So it is possible but QGIS currently seems to not allow it? Does anyone
> know of a way to override this?

Have you tried to just put it in the WFS url, so adding
&SRSName=EPSG:2193 (maybe try with and without caps)

Or else, try if via the python console, see:

http://www.qgis.nl/2012/10/15/english-python-one-liners-for-adding-wms-wmts-wfs-layers/?lang=en

If you sent me a key to try, I can do some testing.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde