[Qgis-user] Tracking data in QGIS

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Mon Jun 17 10:03:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

> I am quite new to QGIS - I know how to run it but has no indebt knowledge
> about the internals of the system.
>
> Anyway, I am looking for options enabling me to analyse/display/replay
> tracks of multiple individuals over time. So it's not only for a single
> person - like the GPS tracking tool - it is several people I need to
> handle concurrently.

What you will need is a datasource with the following infos :
* track geometry id
* track geometry (one geometry per line track part)
* track id
* timestamp for this geometry
* Person id

Put all your informations in the same data source. Better with a database
(spatialite / postgis).

Then you can filter on the person id to limit the display to only selected
people. You can also use that info to to some symbolizing.

Then use the time manager plugin to be able to replay the data and display
according to the timestamp.

Vincent